My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Poetic Thursday and Shopping Around the World

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday


Angel Sammy has suggested one of these  L words:
Lamb, love, lap, lunch

Mom's Ode to the letter 
L
My dearest lamb
If upon my lap you did climb,
my glee would soar from shore to shore.
 Your love would feed my soul a bunch
making me forget to eat my lunch.

Sincerely
TOGM aka one with thumbs aka Mom

Today we are also pawticipating in Shopping Around the world.
Teddy is hosting this month for Bacon everybuddy's favorite Piggie
The feature this week is SNACKS!!!
WOOHOO this family loves snackies!!




Today we'd like to share a very easy snackie
Hidden Valley Oyster Crackers.  
Mom has been making this snackie to take to
parties for many years.  Everyone always loves the itty bitty tasty crackers

You need one 12-16 oz package of plain Oyster crackers



1 package Original of....

1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/2-1 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4-1 cup cooking oil, I use canola

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 250°F
  2. ***In a small bowl, add the oil, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and; Seasoning Mix, dill, and lemon pepper and garlic powder. ...
  3. In a 1-gallon-size Glad® Zipper Bag, add the crackers and oil mixture.
  4. Seal the bag and toss until well-coated.
  5. *** I put crackers in a large bowl, mix  oil, dressing and spices in a small bowl then pour over crackers and toss until coated.   I have never tried the bag sounds messy.
  6. pour well mixed crackers on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until browned nicely. They smell really yummy when browning.

23 comments:

  1. I never ate crackers that way and I will try that immeow-diately ;o) I like your poem very much it has something from shakespeare... probably he copied a lot of your poems.... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMC, that snack sounds delicious! (Even though I bet my human would not let me have a taste.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem. That cracker mix sounds so yummy. We are going to have to try that one. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem Madi! Lady and Man don't eat the fish but your snack looks good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the snacks do sound yummy to me. beautiful poem says it all... still feeling puny down here

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing this recipe... CH loves oyster crackers just to munch on and I know he would love them like this! Your poem... I see on a lap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Hmmm not entirely certain about the oyster-crackers, but I think I could adapt this to plain rice crackers! I have used the bag method for coating things like sweet potatoes or pumpkin - it is very effective for ensuring full and even coating - though it does mean having to dispose of the bag after - not very eco-friendly. Love TOGM's ode to you Madi! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the L letters Mom. Love the poem.
    Oh yes, those sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Poem!!!

    We like the snack recipe too!!

    Hugs, your guy Raz and The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  10. We Love the L poem. Mom says your snack sounds tasty and easy, and she is definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  11. gotta L ove me some Snacks, especially if they are salty.

    LOVE the L poem too, I like L,

    L Y N N.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are the same soup crackers that mom buys too! You just made them 87 times better! yummmmmmm
    Great poem, Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Mom gets soup crackers and this recipe is "right up her alley" so I'm sure she'll try making it! Thanks Madi for sharing.........also, we loved your poem and I think you should pop up on your Mom's lap ASAP! I should do it too - my Mom would be thrilled.

    Love, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your poem! You had me going until the part about forgetting to eat your lunch - does anyone ever forget to eat? No furry (or human in this house) ever forgets to eat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Your love would feed my soul a bunch
    making me forget to eat my lunch."
    Woo hoo hahahahaha! That's the best line!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent poem Madi, Phoebe copied you and used all 4 words too :) Those crackers sound very good, I love oyster crackers in soup, but never heard of them this way. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your snack sounds yummy and easy peasy.
    love your poem!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  18. madi....yur poemz total lee awesum N sew iz de rezz a peez ....we iz big time snax lovers heer N for sure will chex thiz out !! speekin oh chex de food gurl haza ress a pee for makin yur own chex snax if mom wantz it ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your poem and could use a lap buddy too! I make a cracker snack that is almost just like that but mine is hot and seasoned with red pepper. Yours sounds amazing and I will try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your snack sounds so yummy I've shown mum this blog post so she can make it for me!
    I'm very impressed with your poem too.. I'm not so good with poems but I love to chase possums! Maybe you could do a possum poem next time?!
    Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, those crackers sound almost as good as your poem today!!
    xoxo
    Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net